INFLUENCE OF BANANA LEAVES IN ASSOCIATION WITH INORGANIC POTASSIUM FERTILIZER ON THE NUTRIENT CONTENT AND UPTAKE OF BRRI DHAN49
Journal: Acta Scientifica Malaysia (ASM)
Author: Md. Abdul Mannan, Md. Abul Hashem, Md. Harun-or Rashid, Md. Sohanur Rahman, Fakhar Uddin Talukder and Nahid Kaisar
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License CC BY 4.0, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited
An experiment was done at the Soil Science Department, Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU) to study the joined use of banana leaves with inorganic potassium fertilizer on the development and yield of BRRI dhan49 placing Randomized Complete Block Design (RCBD) with eight treatments and three replications. The treatments were T1: control (no fertilizer), T2: RFD (Recommended Fertilizer Dose), T3: (50% K from banana leaves+50% K from MoP) , T4: (60% K from banana leaves+40% K from MoP ), T5: (70% K from banana leaves+30% K from MoP), T6: (80% K from banana leaves+20% K from MoP), T7: (90% K from banana leaves+10% K from MoP), T8: (100% K from banana leaves).The uppermost potassium content in grain (0.33%) and straw (1.30%) were gained in the treatment T3 and T4 .The bottommost potassium content in grain (0.26%) and straw (1.08%) were logged in the control. At the same time, the highest potassium uptake by grain (19.46 kg ha-1) and straw (89.06 kg ha-1) were attained in the treatment T3 and the lowest potassium uptake by grain (8.67 kg ha-1) and straw (51.40 kg ha-1) were documented in the control. Total (grain+straw) peak (108.52 kg ha-1) potassium uptake was found in T3 treatment and lowest (60.06 kg ha-1) was found in control. It can be endorsed to cohesive use of 50% K from banana leaves+50% K from MoP on nutrient content and uptake of BRRI dhan49.